International User Conference in Munich
The German Family Panel organizes its third User Conference on the 9th and 10th of October, 2013 in Munich. The conference invites researchers and young scientists from all fields of family and relationship research to present their work based on pairfam data to an international audience. Submission deadline for abstracts is April 30, 2013. Conference language is English. Please refer to the Call-for-Papers for more details. Information on conference registration and a preliminary program will be sent around by e-mail and published at this place in sufficient time.
In the course of this year’s user conference, two competitive awards are granted for excellent scientific works on the basis of data from the German Family Panel. The prize money of €1,000 is sponsored by TNS Infratest Sozialforschung. Both prize winners are selected by a jury consisting of Prof. Dr. Josef Brüderl (Munich), Prof. Dr. Karsten Hank (Cologne), Prof. Dr. Johannes Huinink (Bremen), Prof. Dr. Bernhard Nauck (Chemnitz), Prof. Dr. Franz J. Neyer (Jena), and Prof. Dr. Sabine Walper (Munich).
Best Publication Award
The best scientific publication will be awarded with €600, provided that the following criteria are met:
- The publication is based on analyses with data from the pairfam project. Working papers, expert reports, and journalistic articles are excluded from the selection process.
- The work was published in the year 2012. Online first publications are included if they are indexed by a DOI or similar.
- The publication has to be registered by the user service of pairfam until April 15, 2013 at the latest (see Bibliography).
- First authors must not be members of the pairfam team at the time of the publication.
- None of the jury members is author or co-author of the publication.
- Neither the publication nor any preliminary work have previously been recognised with a pairfam award.
Best Presentation Award
The best presentation at the user conference will be awarded with €400, provided that the following criteria are met:
- The presentation is based on analyses with data from the pairfam project. The selection process considers both the submitted abstract and the oral presentation at the user conference.
- The presenter must not be a member of the pairfam team at the time of the presentation.
- None of the jury members is author or co-author of the presentation.
- Presentations on the basis of pairfam award-winning publications are excluded from the competition.
For any further information regarding the user conference or the pairfam awards, please feel free to contact our user service.